Monday, March 30, 2009

My copy came in the mail...



After reading the preface and the acknowledgment section of the book I am eager to tuck into it and see what the fuss is all about.  I will say that the distribution of this book is dismal, and really needs to be addressed by Equinox.  The tangible book itself is ok, if not a bit flimsy, it looks like a print on demand, which makes the distribution problem even more puzzling.   I bought mine through Caimanoutlet, a vendor on the Amazon.com site known for selling things that they don’t currently have in stock, it took a little over a week so I am sure they got it from the UK, but it arrived nicely packaged and in good shape and for the same end price as amazon.com’s price.  But alas, the content is why you buy books, right, so I am sure it will be worth the wait!

The only puzzlement, so far, is the subtitle, “Scholarly projects for a New American Century.”   I am not sure what to make of this…? 

Now the most important question: do I put down John Irving to start James’ book or do I wait…?

No comments: