Tuesday, August 01, 2006

One Book Meme

One book meme

Ben started a new meme with a post a while back, since I have been gone for a week I just noticed it, and I thought I would pick it up:


1. One book that changed your life:
Tom Wrights, New Testemant and the People of God (1996)
I read this in my first year of post graduate studies, and it completely changed my outlook on New Testament studies, it opened my mind.


2. One book that you've read more than once:
John Irving, A Prayer For Owen Meany (1997)
I read this book whenever I am struggeling with faith and belief, Owen always makes me want to believe again.


3. One book you'd want on a desert island:
Karl Barth, Dogmatics (2004)
I am not sure if this is fair, but who knows when I will be rescued!


4. One book that made you laugh:
Bill Bryson, Notes from a small Island (1997)
Bryson describes a beach holiday to perfection!


5. One book that made you cry:
John Irving, A Prayer For Owen Meany (1997)


6. One book that you wish had been written:
Tom Wright,
Pauline Theology (2xxx)


7. One book that you wish had never been written:
Tim LaHaye and Jerry B. Jenkins,
Left Behind: A Novel of the Earth's Last Days (1995)


8. One book you're currently reading:
Kurt Vonnegut, Galapagos(1986)

9. One book you've been meaning to read:
George A. Lindbeck, The Nature of Confession (1996)

10. Now tag five people: This is the part that never seems to work with memes - Take a shot Blue

1 comment:

Sharad Yadav said...

Hey buddy - I did this one over at the BHT - check it out.